Turkish bulgur pilav with tomatoes
Forb. tid 5 minutter
Tilb. tid 28 minutter
Samlet tid 33 minutter
Antal 4 persons
- 1½ cup coarse bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 big tomato, or 2 smaller, cut into 1 cm squares
- 1 oblong green turkisk 'Sivri' pepper, cut into pieces
- 1-2 tsp conc. tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp chili, turkisk 'Pul biber'
- 50-100 gram butter, depending on your conscience
1: melt the butter in a saucepan2: slowly fry the onions until they take a little color3: Add tomatoes, pepper, bulgur and tomato sauce in. Stir and add water and chili aswell4: Put on the lid and let it boil on the flame at medium heat for approx. 15 minutes5: Turn off the fire after approx. 15 minutes, but let the bulgur stand on the hob - with a lid on- for another 15 minutes. Then it's ready for serving.