Turkish Adana kebab - a perfect and tasteful recipe
Learn how to mix a perfect kebab and get the small tricks for the best result
Forb. tid 10 minutter
Tilb. tid 15 minutter
Samlet tid 25 minutter
Antal 7 spear
- 500 gram minced lamb / veal, or whole lamb or whole beef if you like insted of the mix
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sumak
- 1 tbsp grounded Urfa pepper ( also called Isot pepper) (black chili pepper), alternatively red chili flakes "Pul Biber"
- 2 tbsp icecold water
1: Mix the ingredients very well together into a uniform mass2: Cool for a couple of hours if you have the time3: Shaped on 7-8 elongated flat spears (or common wood skewers)4: Grill with a good heat and serve sizzling warm together with bread, salad and bulgur if you like
- We used 7 small wood skewers,but if you have the original large flat kebab skewers, I would expect that there are enough stuffing for 3 spears
- I recommend that you double up this portion. Just like köfte, you will always eat more than what you expect (and the recipe is "only" for 3 people).
- I love to eat a good plentiful flatbread, bulgur and a good bean salad (piyaz) for these spears. It can be recommended